Pango Pets does not have any affiliation with The Bull Terrier Club. This article is for informational purposes only.
You can find The Bull Terrier Clubs’ website over at thebullterrierclub.co.uk
The Buller Terrier Club (BTC)’s website revolves around promoting all things about the Bull Terriers for people to learn about this breed. The Bull Terrier Club was established in the UK in 1887, making it one of the oldest dog breed clubs. As they pride themselves on being an exclusive club, an entrance fee is required to be admitted to the club. The club has elected leaders and specific rules that all members adhere to. Some of those rules are as follows:
- To promote and encourage the welfare, breeding, exhibition, and betterment of pure Bull Terriers.
- To urge owners, breeders, and judges to adhere to the standard of the breed, approved by the kennel club.
- To be ready to propose and support alterations in the Standard of the Breed as approved by the kennel club.
Breed Ownership Information
People visit the website to find information about owning a Bull Terrier, namely health and diet, training, and possible health issues. The details in those sections are written by breed and canine experts, like Miss Meg Williams.
Breed Standards for Trophy Shows
The club prides itself on presenting the highest quality Bull Terriers for shows and competitions. On the website, there is a list of characteristics that a quality Bull Terrier should possess. Some of those characteristics are as follows:
- Strongly built, muscular, well-balanced, and active with a keen, determined, and intelligent expression.
- Head is long, strong, and deep right to the end of muzzle, but not coarse.
- Teeth sound, clean, strong, of good size, regular with a perfect regular, and complete scissor bite.
See also our post about: choosing a dog muzzle
Additional Bull Terrier Club Tasks
In addition to promoting the Bull Terrier as a breed for ownership and show, the BTC also provides support to rescue and rehome unwanted or abused Bull Terriers. The club raises between £6,000–£8,000 each year for this cause under the name “The Bull Terrier Club Welfare Trust”.
The BTC is an amazing club, that is doing a lot of great things for this beautiful and lovely dog breed!
If you liked this post, then you might also like these posts: